Lambda Solutions’ Co-Founder Jim Yupangco is presenting about “Moodle – An Open Source Learning Management System” at BC’s Career College leaders at the annual BCCCA Conference, October 27 to 29 at the River Rock Casino Resort in Richmond, BC.
We are very excited about the opportunity to take part in this event, which will include over 70 of the province’s most successful and dynamic private colleges. Many of them have already begun implementation of online learning and blended learning for a wide range of course offerings – more and more, learning management systems including Moodle have become an essential and effective part of post-secondary educational offerings.
Here is a synopsis of our presentation on “Moodle – An Open Source Learning Management System” you can also find on the BCCCA’s conference package:
This session complements the earlier session on 'New Directions in Education Technology'. Moodle is an important technology that has seen widespread adoption in the recent past by thousands of private and public training institutions around the world. This session will cover the following topics:
- Definition of a learning management system
- Open source advantages and the adoption of Moodle
- Incorporating Moodle into traditional classroom based learning
- Using Moodle to support distance learning
- Moodle implementation – challenges and requirements
Some other presentations we are really looking forward to and recommend others check out at the BCCCA Conference:
- Dr. Roslyn Kunin. “The Economics of Private Education and Workforce Development in BC”
- Kevin Evans, CEO with the Industry Training Authority. “Industry Training Authority – The Path Ahead”
- Tim Agnew and Greg Ferrie of Agile Project Management Solutions. “New Directions in Educational Technology”
- Sheny Gregory, Independent Consultant. “Social Media Tools for the Classroom”